Pirelli Presents The New P Zero Tyres Family
Author: Extra UK | Mon, 15 Mar 2021
INCREASED PERFORMANCE AND NEW STANDARDS DIFFERENTIATE THE SECOND GENERATION OF PIRELLI CLINCHERS
Four years after the launch of the first P ZERO Velo, the clincher that marked Pirelli's return to the world of cycling, the company presents a new family of clincher tyres that will replace the current one. An upgrade that further enhances the performance of a real market difference.
Milan, Italy -15 March 2021. Pirelli announces the arrival on the market of a new family of clincher tyres: it is called P ZEROTM and comes in the form of P ZERO Race, the product designed for pure performance, and P ZERO Road, the alternative for those looking for an all-round clincher more oriented towards durability.
The new tyres have the task of taking over from a true best seller: P ZERO Velo, the progenitor of the range, Pirelli's first clincher, launched in June 2017. A replacement that is a deliberate choice, testifying to the evolution of Pirelli's role in cycling: in just four years, in fact, the P ZERO Velo has become a benchmark, appreciated and rewarded by various independent tests, as well as by the choice of many enthusiasts around the world.
Today, Pirelli’s range of road clincher tyres has been renewed with the aim of offering even more grip, more smoothness and even more comfort. In addition, it has been brought into line with the new standards in the sector.
P ZERO RACE: THE CLINCHER FOR MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE
Arriving chronologically after the P ZERO Race TLR and Race TLR SL, for reasons of market demand - which is now moving towards the tubeless option - the new P ZERO Race tyre is a clincher model, dedicated to pure performance.
From the point of view of tread design, the tyre is identical to the Tubeless Ready version of the same name, as is the compound Pirelli used for its rubber. P ZERO Race is made with the new SmartEVO Compound. Taking advantage of its over 110 years in motorsport as well, Pirelli has developed a ternary blend of functionalized polymers with "intelligent" behavioral characteristics, which are the basis of the exceptional properties of SmartEVO.
Each of the three polymers provides specific performance, ensuring a perfect balance of opposing characteristics, such as grip and rolling. The result? Improved grip on dry and wet surfaces and very low rolling resistance, resulting in smoothness and driveability.
This high-performance compound has already been tested by the top World Tour teams of which Pirelli is a partner: AG2R Citroën, TREK-Segafredo and Team BikeExchange.
Completely new, however, is the construction of the casing, in 120 TPI Nylon, designed for use with an inner tube. The P ZERO Race has been adapted to the new ETRTO 19c rim standards (inner channel size). As a result, each size of the P ZERO Race tyres has a wider tread than the corresponding P ZERO Velo: a wider and more elongated footprint, for the benefit of rolling performance, puncture protection and control when cornering.
The carcass also features a wider protective belt. Called TechBelt Road, it is an additional layer of Aramid fabric, underneath the compound, that increases puncture protection in various conditions of use.
Available in 24, 26, 28 and 30 mm sizes, in black or with para rubber sidewalls (Classic), P ZERO Race will soon be available in a Colour Edition version too (yellow, red or white). This performance tyre dedicated to racing and long-distances will be at home on various ground surfaces, whether dry or wet, thanks to its exceptional chemical grip; from spring to late autumn.
View the P Zero Race here
P ZERO ROAD: ALL-ROUND PERFORMANCE
Completing the new range, the P ZERO Road clincher is oriented towards durability, without compromising smoothness and comfort. Specifically developed as a multi-purpose tyre, this all-round rubber is also built to fit the modern rims.
P ZERO Road differs from the Race version in its tread design, with closer and longer grooves, and in its compound, the EVO Compound, making it a more versatile tyre.
This new clincher tyre offers low rolling resistance, excellent grip, high comfort and durability.
P ZERO Road is available in Black, in sizes 24, 26, 28 mm.
The new carcass construction of the P ZERO family tyres makes it important to use recommended pressures and appropriate rims. For this reason, in all its literature, online and on the packaging of the new P ZERO Race and P ZERO Road, Pirelli provides detailed and precise indications regarding both the actual dimensions in relation to the rim and the recommended inflation pressures based on the rim channel used and the weight of the rider.
View the P Zero Road here
- NEWSPirelli Presents The New P Zero Tyres Family
- NEWSExtra UK Announces Exclusive MOTOREX Distribution Partnership
- NEWSMerry Christmas from Extra!
- NEWSAnnual Stocktake 2020
- NEWSABUS Bordo 6000 now Sold Secure Bronze
- NEWSTopeak announce BikePark Wales Sponsorship
- NEWSBusiness Update June 2020
- NEWSWe Are Open
- NEWSExtra UK and COVID-19
- NEWSabsoluteBLACK Cannondale Spidering ROAD oval chainring is here!
- NEWSCrankbrothers Launches Synthesis Alloy Wheel Range
- NEWSIntroducing the All-New Cane Creek Thudbuster Seatpost
- NEWSEnduro Bearings Workshops - COREbike 2020
- NEWSCoreBike 2020
- NEWSChristmas Closing
- NEWSABUS to drive IBD sales and increase security
- NEWSAnnual Stocktake
- NEWSOrange Seal Tyre Sealant - For road, gravel, and MTB
- NEWS100% Lifetime Guarantee on 110 Series Headsets
- NEWSBicycle Theft Prevention
- NEWSUK National Parks and Clif Bar launch the National Parks Protectors Fund
- NEWSRichard Carapaz wins the Giro d'Italia with ABUS
- NEWSFFWD Wheels Distributed By Extra UK
- NEWSExtra UK ABUS Factory Visit and Distribution
- NEWSA new beginning for Pirelli: Scorpion MTB is the newborn range for mountain bikers
- NEWSThe New Brooks Cambium C13 All Weather is here.
- NEWSExtra at COREbike 2019: New Brands and New Products
- NEWSChristmas Closing
- ANNOUNCEMENTSRP's for CLIF Bloks, Builders and Gels lowered in the UK
- NEWSAnnual Stocktake
- NEWSabsoluteBLACK Oval vs Round
- NEWSPirelli Is Official Partner Of Il Lombaria and Strade Bianche
- NEWSNEW Cane Creek eeSilk post now in stock
- NEWSMaxxis Introduces, the Assegai
- NEWSNEW Nut Butter Filled Clif Bars Now Available
- NEWSSquirt Cycling Products now exclusively available
- NEWSPirelli and Mitchelton-Scott announce partnership
- NEWSPirelli announce new tubeless Cinturato Velo
- ANNOUNCEMENTAbsoluteBLACK appoint EXTRA UK as exclusive distributor in UK and Ireland
- NEWSCane Creek Release eeWings Premium Titanium Crankset
- NEWSCane Creek Releases 29 and 27.5+ Version of Critically Acclaimed HELM Fork
- NEWSNEW Limited Edition Cambium All Weather Saddles
- NEWSWhy Nuun?
- ANNOUNCEMENTOffice Closure
- RECALLRECALL - SwissStop ExoTherm Disc Pads
- NEWSAnnual stocktake
- NEWSCrankbrothers launch new Stamp pedals
- NEWSTens of thousands finish Prudential Ride London with the help of nuun hydration and Clif Bar
- RECALLVoluntary Recall of CLIF® BUILDER’S Bar Chocolate Mint Flavour
- NEWSOrange Seal Named Official Sealant of Team Bora-Hansgrohe
- ANNOUNCEMENTSwissStop EXOTherm Stop-Ride Stop-Sale Advisory
- NEWSExtra UK appointed exclusive distributor of the new Pirelli PZero Velo tyres
- NEWSnuun and company® Announces Multi-Year Partnership with Prudential RideLondon
- NEWSFactory Jackson Reviews New Crankbrothers Klic HV Pump and F15 Tool
- NEWSCane Creek Introduces Helm Fork
- NEWSMaxxis Enables Extra UK To Realign Prices
- NEWS7 World Tour Teams Ride Fizik In 2017
- NEWSNew Shock and Remote Levers From Cane Creek
- NEWSChristmas Closing
- NEWSCane Creek Partners With eeCycles
- ANNOUNCEMENTWe'll be closed for Stocktake
- NEWSCane Creek Expands Shock Line
- NEWSNuun partners with Extra for exclusive UK distribution
- NEWSIt's Time To Get Dialed!
- NEWSBrooks 150th Anniversary
- NEWSMore Awards For Clif Bar
- NEWSTopeak Wins Red Dot Awards
- ANNOUNCEMENTClif Bar Become Official Sponsor of Prudential RideLondon
- NEWSInside Ergon
- NEWSOrange Seal In Cycling Weekly
- NEWSDesign & Innovation Award Winners
- NEWSChristmas Opening Times
- NEWSNEW Clif Bar Flavour Now Available!
- ANNOUNCEMENTAnnual Stocktake
- NEWSProGold The Reader Choice
- NEWSDBinline recommended by Singletrack Magazine
- NEWSDownhill performance meets… climbing efficiency
- NEWSErgon BE1 Scores 9 out of 10!
- NEWSFi'zi:k Black Edition
- NEWSNEW 2016 Fi'zi:k Shoes In Stock Now
- NEWSPinkbike Visits Crankbrothers
- NEWSClif Bar Wins Prestigious Award!
- NEWSThe Tracer Goes Green
- ANNOUNCEMENTExtra UK Welcomes Maxxis Tyres
- NEWSFind Us On Social Media
- NEWSCobalt 3 Wheels Score 9 out of 10!
- ANNOUNCEMENT2015 Events
- NEWSIntense Cycles - Tracing Dirt
- ANNOUNCEMENTAnnual Stock Take
- NEWSTopeak Mountain Morph - Awarded Singletrack Recommended
- NEWSTitley wins UKGE Series for BAB Intense
- NEWSLeadville – Bigham strikes again
- NEWSThe Strive Diaries: Entry 5 - EWS Reborn In The USA
- NEWSARTCRANK London
- NEWSNovatec Diablo 29 - 4 out of 5 MBUK
- NEWS4X Pro Tour - Val Di Sole - Yeti Racing UK
- NEWSBrooks England X Levi’s® Commuter Collaboration
- NEWSFizik To Illuminate Tour Finish Line
- NEWSTIME ATAC XC6 9 out of 10
- NEWSTopeak Joe Blow Mountain Scores 10!
- NEWSBAB Intense Race Report - UKGE Afan
- NEWS4X Pro Tour - Fort William - Yeti Racing UK
- NEWSThe Strive Diaries: Entry 2 - Enduro's Coming Home To Scotland
- NEWSIntroducing The DBinline
- NEWSIntroducing Clif Bar's New Ambassadors:
- NEWSIntroducing Volta
- NEWSNew Zealand Cycle Classic
- NEWSCrank Brothers to join Extra UK
- ANNOUNCEMENTAnnual Stock Take
- NEWS Extra UK secures CLIF Bar distribution
- NEWSIntroducing the Cyrano Series
- NEWSSchwalbe Euro 4X Series - Round 3 - Leibstadt, Switzerland
- NEWSCane Creek Introduces New Climbing Technology For DB Shocks
- NEWSRide For Michael
- NEWSHutchinson Toro Review - Singletrack Issue 82
- NEWSSchwalbe British 4X R3 & Schwalbe Euro 4X R2
- NEWSYeti Racing UK - 4X Pro Tour Round 1
- NEWSTeam Edition 2013
- NEWSAggro Racing - Round 2 & 3 Race Report
- NEWSSchwalbe British 4X Series Round 2 - Falmouth, Cornwall.
- NEWSCane Creek DBair XV
- NEWSClancy Wins The Soens For Rapha Condor JLT
- NEWSInside TIME
- NEWSHandley Draws First Blood
- NEWSPinkBike.com Review the DBair
- NEWSRapha Condor JLT Hit The Ground Running
- NEWSFestive Opening Hours
- NEWSEaston Cycling Licenses Technology From Topolino
- NEWSCane Creek Opens The Lounge
- NEWSJon Tiernan-Locke wins Tour of Britain
- NEWSShock Tuning Made Simple!
- NEWSTIME RX Instinct - RCUK First Look
- NEWS2012 Union Jack Limited Edition Swallow
- NEWSfi'zi:k dominate the Tour de France
- NEWSDon't Know Your Fit?
- NEWSIntense VTOPO Act 5
- NEWS2012 Word Champion
- NEWSBeyond the Bike - A Beyond Ourselves Project
- NEWSBrooks B17 Select World Traveller Limited Edition 2012
- NEWSEASTON CYCLING INTRODUCES THE NEW HAVOC 35
- NEWSIdentiti BMX Race Team Sign UK Elite BMX rider Tre Whyte
- NEWSINTENSE DEMO DAY - Moose Cycles
- RECALLTopeak Babyseat II Safety Recall
- NEWSMeet HARD EDDIE
- NEWSExtra appointed exclusive distributor for Time
- NEWSFi'zi:k Sponsored Jon Tiernan-Locke and Endura Racing top UCI Europe Tour Rankings
- NEWSTioga Sponsor Identiti BMX Race Team
- NEWSWorld Cup Dream Results for the Hutchinson United Ride!
- NEWSHutchinson Intensive on Road.cc
- NEWSGrowth in a tough market: Cane Creek
- NEWSTwo wins and seven podiums in three countries for Endura Racing
- NEWSTeam Sky makes the switch to fi'zi:k
- NEWSFreshFoodBike.com delivers groceries with Burley Travoy
- NEWSTiernan-Locke wins Tour du Haut Var with another standout climbing performance
- NEWSHutchinson United Ride Team
- NEWSTiernan-Locke wins final stage of Tour Mediterraneen to secure overall victory
- NEWSIntense VTOPO Act 1
- NEWSAre you Steep or Slack?
- NEWSCane Creek DBair - First ride review
- NEWSFizik Shoes Hit Hollywood
- NEWSFizik Kurve
- NEWSNew Intense Carbine
- NEWSIntense Tracer II reviewed by Singletrack
- NEWSJohn Boultbee Criterion Jacket
- NEWSA peek into Polar Bottle HQ
- NEWSAward for Curana